A four week program in the capital of Europe! Increase your knowledge in European Business and Politics and improve or learn some real French in France. EM Strasbourg Business School is recognized as the Business School of the University of Strasbourg. Over 176 partner companies and a network of its 15,000 alumni provide valuable support to the academic corporate organization. EM Strasbourg Business School is internationally renowned for its Grande Ecole program and over 200 partner universities in the world.
**This program is only available for students in the MBA program – no other students eligible.
Strasbourg is located in eastern France on the German border. This location provides easy access to Europe via train or plane: 2 hrs. from Paris, 3hrs. from Brussels, 4 hrs. from London and 5 hrs. from Bordeaux via train! Strasbourg is the capital and biggest city in the Alsace region which is known for its intellectual, artistic and economic capital.
Learn about your destination by visiting the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs web page at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html
to find country specific information about visa, safety and security, local laws, health, and more.
All classes, lectures and visits will be held in English.
French Language and Culture
– (42 contact hours/3 US credit hours/6 ECTS credits)
• History of European Integration
• The Functions of European Institutions
• The European Union and the World
Business in Europe –
(42 contact hours/3 US credit hours/6 ECTS credits)
• Business Environment in Europe
• Strategy of European Art Organizations
• Marketing in Europe
• Managing Cultural Differences in the European Context
CORPORATE VISITS & VISITS OF INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
A variety of company visits, visits of international institutions and cultural sights will be organized once a week in conjunction with the classes.
Our partner companies for these one-day corporate immersion visits include:
• Smart France – Hambach, France
• Mercedes Corporate Headquarters & visit of the museum – Stuttgart, Germany
• Steelcase Worklab – Schiltigheim, France
• WeberHaus – Rheinau-Linx, Germany
• Siemens – Haguenau, France
• Wine Industry – Alsace, France
• Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt, Germany
• Tomi Ungerer Museum, Strasbourg, France
• The European Parliament – Strasbourg, France
• The Council of Europe – Strasbourg, France
• The European Court of Human Rights –
• The European Central Bank – Frankfurt, Germany
• Two dinners hosted by the school in charming Alsatian restaurants
• A visit of an 18th century castle (Haut-Koenigsbourg)
in the Vosges mountains
• A wine tasting session of our famous Alsatian wines in a local vineyard and a wine-producing village
• A guided tour in the historical city center of Strasbourg
• A guided tour of Strasbourg by boat
Because this exchange program is part of Bowling Green State University study abroad options, financial aid that could be applied to study on BGSU’s main campus can usually be applied equally to study in the program abroad.
To determine eligibility for Financial Aid, please contact:
If contacting via email please include your name and ID number along with the program name and semester you are planning to study abroad. For appointments, please also include several days and times that work for you.
In addition to financial aid, there are International Travel Grants and general Education Abroad scholarship opportunities that are available for students on the Education Abroad
Costs billed directly through BGSU Bursar's Office*
*Fees listed are subject to change at any time
Possible Additional Expenses (not billed through BGSU)*
* Please note that these costs are estimated and should be used as guidelines only!
* *These quotes are based on the assumption that students are eating out. Groceries will come out to less, about ≈200€ to ≈300€ for lunch and dinner.
XE LIVE CURRENCY CONVERTER
- University-run or private residence hall near the school (depending on availability)
- Students are expected to arrive 1-2 days prior to the beginning of the program (reservations will be made accordingly).
- Close to tram stop and very close to the school.
Mr. Tom Daniels
Education Abroad, International Programs and Partnerships
319 Administration Building